Top 5 Best Sous Vide Machines for Home Use
Technically, sous vide is French for “under vacuum”. The food that is prepared using this method, tastes like you are enjoying a meal from a fancy five-star restaurant. To be able to use Sous vide machines for home use, you do not have to be an experienced master chef. These machines are actually very easy to use.
There are two main types of sous vide cooking methods, namely sous vide ovens, and immersion circulators. Both of these cooking methods boils down to serving the same purpose, namely, cooking the food throughout the process at the same consistent temperature.
This is done by firstly vacuum sealing your food before cooking it followed by immersing the packaged food in hot water. These machines let you set the temperature you prefer before starting to cook, then allowing the sous vide machine to do the rest for you. It works in a similar manner to crockpots. When it is done, a perfectly cooked meal is ready and waiting for you.
If you are new at cooking with this method, it is recommended that you read the book, Learn to Sous Vide at home. It was written for the purpose of teaching beginners everything you need to know about cooking with this method as fast as possible. Even if you have some experience in cooking with this method, before you can get started, you still need to get yourself the sous vide oven or immersion circulator. Following below, is a list of some of the best sous vides machines on the market.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Best Sous Vide Machine for Home use 2019
The Immersion circulators took the food industry by storm once they were introduced on the market. These devices are compact and offer a practical and innovative way of cooking sous vide. Experts would recommend that you pair the sous vide machines with quality water containers, but you can just as easily prepare restaurant-quality meals with the use of a pot or an old plastic cooler.
Immersion circulators are easily stored and easy to carry around because of their portability. The sous vide machines are unique kitchen utensils and are so compact that you can even store them in a drawer after you are done using them. They are so flexible, they work just as good as the industrial sous vide machines. Here follows a list of the best sous vide machines reviews on the market today:
1. Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cooker | WI-FI + Bluetooth | 900W | Anova App Included
The Anova Precision cooker makes cooking at home very easy to achieve a professional level of cooking. To use this gadget, all you have to do is simply attach the cooker to any pot filled with water, put your food inside the pot in a sealable bag and set the temperature you wish to cook the food at, and the time period you wish. The water will then be heated and circulated to an exact temperature while cooking the food at a precise temperature ensuring that the intended tenderness and moisture is retained.
This device is very precise, and you will not have to worry about overcooking your food. You can even save yourself some time by connecting your cooker to your phone, allowing you to cook a meal without the touch of a button. The application on your phone will notify you when the cooking process is done and your meal is ready to be served and enjoyed.
• Anova precision cooker wi-fi– Perfectly designed that allows you to cook from anywhere with WI-FI.
• Serves up to 12 dishes at a time. Fits on any pot due to the adjustable clamp that is included in the package.
• Cook like a pro – This cooker will allow anyone to cook a restaurant-quality meal at home. We’re so confident in this product and Anova backs it with a 2-year warranty
• Perfect results, every time – Precision cooking gives you the ability to produce results that you cannot replicate with any other method of cooking. The tenderness of the food and the moistness is impossible to achieve with any other method. The sealable bag makes it impossible for the juices and flavor to escape. Perfect for vegetables, meat, fruit, cheese and much more
• Smart device control & cooking notifications – The Precision Cooker can be controlled remotely with smart devices, allowing you to escape from the kitchen while you cook. Simply download the Anova App to easily monitor, adjust or control the device from your iPhone and Android or other smart devices.
Easy to use –To use this utensil, all you have to do is simply attach the Precision Cooker to any pot filled with water, drop the food that you wish to cook inside a sealed bag in the pot and press a button to start cooking. The sous vide machine will do the rest. You will not need any additional equipment.
•Get creative with 1,000+ recipes -Choose from sous vide guides and recipes created for home cooks of every skill level by award-winning chefs, with simple directions to walk through each recipe with ease. All available is free of charge. Great for beginner and veteran chefs!
• Simple to clean -The Precision Cooker’s detachable stainless steel skirt and disks are dishwasher safe making this kitchen appliance.
2. ChefSteps Joule Sous Vide, 1100 Watts, White Body, Stainless Steel Cap & Base
The Joule sous vide cooker may be the smallest sous vide machine for home use, but yet it is more powerful than most of the other sous vide machine that is available on the market today. The water is heated faster with the Joule than with any other precision cooker or immersion circulator. You can ensure perfect results every time due to the fact that the cooker holds the temperature with absolute accuracy. It is mainly controlled by an innovative application empowering those experienced sous vide users and newbies alike.
The Joule gives you the freedom to cook your meal from anywhere, even outside the kitchen. With the Joule, the water can reach a maximum temperature of 208 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Smallest, sleekest sous vide tool available at just 11 inches tall and 1.3 pounds, with a streamlined white body and solid stainless steel cap & base.
• Saves space: Half the size of other sous vide machines, it’s small enough to slip into a top drawer. IEEE 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi compatible 2.4 GHz only
• Heats up fast: 1100 watts of power for hyper-fast water heating. System requirements: iOS 8.0 or later, Android 4.4 or later, internet access required for some features
• Perfect results: Visual Doneness (TM) feature in the Joule app displays exactly how food cooks. Dinner comes out predictably perfect, every time.
• Wi-fi and Bluetooth ready: Works with iPhone or Android—connect with Bluetooth alone, or cook from anywhere with Wi-Fi.
• Voltage warning: Works with 120 V outlets only. Due to the precise heating technology, voltage transformers and converters can damage your Joule, and use outside of North America voids the warranty.
Now You Can Make delicious Yogurt with One of These 5 Best Yogurt Makers
3. Wancle SVC001 Sous Vide Cooker, Thermal Immersion Circulator, with Recipe E-Cookbook
Sous Vide – Your Culinary Game Changer
Sous vide is a unique method or cooking style that makes it extremely simple for you to achieve the most professional quality results in the comfort of your own home. The Immersion circulator makes use of accurate time temperature control that promises you the juiciest and flavor-packed meals every time you cook. For the past 10 years, professional chefs and restaurants have come to rely on the immersion circulator to prepare their meals.
Why Choose ThisHome Sous Vide Cooker for home use?
Cooking Meat and Seafood
The Sous-vide method of cooking has the ability to control the water temperature while the protein is slowly being cooked from the one edge to the other, preventing the meat from being overcooked and drying out.
It gives your steaks at its moistest, juiciest and most tender taste, because of the fact that it retains all the juices and all of the flavor.
Food that is cooked sous vide is pasteurized and safe from foodborne contaminants caused by biological pathogens. From the one edge to the other it slowly cooks.
Consistently good results
Sous Vide cooking prevents you from needing to time everything right to the t. It provides you with the time to focus on other tasks without having to worry about your food ending up chewy or burnt.
Great For The Multi¬task Cook
This home use Sous Vide machine creates a bigger window of time for you to focus on something else if you have to multitask while you are busy in the kitchen. The older basic traditional method of cooking takes up much more of your time and demands your focus to be on your pots on the stove.
The most common problem with food that is prepared in the traditional method, is that it dries out resulting in you ending up with plenty of waste. However, food that is cooked with the sous vide maintains all the juices and the flavor.
Cooking Steps Are Much Easier Than You Might Think
1. Firstly, you would have to choose a pot filled with water and attach your sous vide cooker to it, adjust the temperature and time you wish for your food to be cooked at.
2. Make sure that your food is contained in a sealable bag and secure it to the side of the pot.
3. The final step is to finish your meal by grilling the food until you have a golden, crispy exterior layer.
• Sous Vide Cookers Brings Professional Restaurant Cooking Technology To Home: Making your own restaurant-quality food at home, everything from chicken, beef, pork, seafood, eggs, dessert, even pasta salads, and baking and cocktails, without the worry of overcooking.
• Perfect doneness and accurate timer: The digital control panel is what makes that the temperature is as accurate as 0.1°C and time to minutes.
• Incredible easy to use: Those machines that are equipped with Bluetooth and wi-fi are considered extra complicated and would thus cost you more.
• Clever design, single-hand operation: To use, just simply attach your sous vide cooker to any pot that is filled with water, and put your ingredients into a plastic sealable bag and place it into a pot. Set the time and temperature according to your wishes and press start.
• Worry-free shopping: With all the certificates, sous vide machine passed Reach, RoHS, TüV, GS, and ETL, we are confident of the quality of our product, therefore, we offer a 24-months warranty, please feel free to place the order.
4. Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cooker | Bluetooth | 800W | Anova App Included
The Anova app allows you to control your cooking remotely so that you can spend more of your time with other chores around the house if you must multi-task, or use the time to spend with your family. With the Anova app, you can keep an eye on your food and monitor the cooking process remotely. You only have to enter the kitchen again when it is time to eat.
Firstly you have to attach your Anova precision cooker to any pot you have that is filled with water.
Secondly, you have to set the timer and the temperature, which you can do manually or by using the Anova app on your phone.
Thirdly, you have to put your food in a sealable bag and place the bag into the pot and make sure you clip it to the side of the pot.
Lastly, when your food is ready to eat, you can serve it straight from the bag, saving you extra dishes. You can also grill the food after it is done cooking, to give it the crispy outer layer.
• Consistent result
• Amazing taste
• Waste reduction
• Never overcooked
5. Kitchen Gizmo Sous Vide Immersion Circulator
• To set the time and temperature, the kitchen gizmo is equipped with an easy-scroll selector wheel.
• It has a Touchscreen Control Panel you can use to change from °C to °F.
• Ergonomic Grip-durable rubberized coating gives you a comfortable hold.
• An indicator shows when the device is working, charging or if there is an error.
• Safety Feature-will only works when inserted in water above the Min level. If removed it will stop working.
• It has a stainless steel sleeve that you can remove making it very easy to clean.
• It has a powerful water circulator that can pump a maximum of up to 8 Liters per minute.
• It comes equipped with a motor that is very reliable exerting a maximum of 800 Watts of power with almost no margin for error.
• ETL CERTIFIED
This product is available in 3 colors, namely, Red, Grey, and Blue. It could be an amazing addition to your kitchen and could largely improve your cooking for future meals.
It comes with both a cooking guide filled with fantastic recipes and a temperature guide.
• Easy to use: Remarkably intuitive with predictable results. This is the easiest and most delicious way to prepare food.
• Create restaurant-quality dishes: Once only an option for high-end eateries, you can now create perfectly cooked dishes that look and taste amazing!
• Reliable and quiet operation: Fits almost any pot with the strong-grip clip. Cooks precisely and quietly with temperatures up to 194 F and a +/- margin of error of less than 1 F. ETL approved
• High-end feel – low-end maintenance: Removable sleeve allows for easy cleaning. Choose the correct time and temperature easily with the smooth scrolling selection wheel.
• Free bonus: Included in the package is a cookbook with Sous Vide recipes for every type of dish you could want.
Sous Vide Machines Buying Guide for Home Use
You wouldn’t be here if you haven’t already decided to start cooking with the Sous Vide method. Above is a list of the best Sous Vide Machines available on the market. When it comes to choosing the best machine that will match your needs, making sure you make the right choice when it comes to the type of machine and water container. You also need a vacuum sealer bag that will not let you down.
1. Which one to choose between the Sous Vide Oven vs Immersion Circulator:
The first choice you would have to make is whether you would want a sous vide oven or if you would prefer the immersion circulator.
As we have mentioned above, sous vide ovens are designed to be an all in one device, therefore you will not need any extra equipment, except the vacuum-sealable bags. When it comes to the immersion circulator, you need a water bath that is suitable for cooking as well as a vacuum sealer.
2. Sous Vide Container or Pot
If you choose to select the Immersion circulator for the compact ability, you will also have to buy yourself a water container. For a container, some people prefer a pot, however, it’s not always the best option. The people who choose to go with the Immersion circulator, prefer using Rubbermaid’s containers due to the fact that they are cheaper and are available in various sizes which range from 2 up to 22 quarts. The size of the container you use will determine the amount of food that you plan to cook at a time.
3. Sous Vide Vacuum Sealer or Bags
It’s not always a necessity to use a sealed bag to place your food in, without one, it will just boil in a water bath, but eating a steak that was boiled wouldn’t be something to look forward to. Making use of a vacuum-sealable bag when it comes to sous vide method of cooking will ensure that your meal will retain all the juices and flavors. Even without seasoning, your food will still be more flavorful than using your regular method of cooking. The reason for this would be that it is cooked in its own juices. Marinating your food inside the vacuum-sealed bag will result in an even tastier result. If a vacuum sealer is too much to invest in, you can always go with the simple food-grade zip lock bags you can use with the water displacement method.
4. Searing Equipment
The searing finish is what brings everything together what turns out to be a magnificent meal. Without searing, the sous vide method just won’t turn out as the restaurant-quality meals that you will expect to enjoy. With the traditional method of cooking, the finish on your meals ends up with a crispy crust due to the direct contact with the heat, but with the sous vide method of cooking, your food cooks at lower temperatures and the food is encased in a vacuum-sealed bag, so the crispy crust is not possible, so you will have to make use of a cast iron pan to ensure that you end up with a good crust. Another alternative would be to equip your kitchen with a searing torch.
Benefits of Sous Vide Cooking at home
The spectacular taste is not the only benefit you get from the sous vide method of cooking. The main advantage of this method of cooking is most certainly the simplicity. Placing the food in a container filled with water and setting the time and temperature is all that it takes. Sous Vide cooking depends on maintaining consistent temperatures that lock in the flavor of the food. This is what makes you end up with a mouthwatering meal every time you cook.
By using the sous vide method of cooking, you can transform any tough cut of meat into a tender and juicy piece of meat easily enough by cooking them at a consistent temperature over a longer period of time. If you are one of those people who do not like your meat chewy and tough, then the sous vide method of cooking is the way for you.
With the sous vide method, no juices or flavor can escape the vacuum-sealed bag, which is what is the main reason for your food ending up with much better flavor than you would with the traditional cooking style.
Cooking with the sous vide method is incredibly easy. You do not have to be a professional chef. Even if you have no experience in the kitchen, with the sous vide machine you are on your way to becoming a master chef in 3 simple steps, pouring in water, adding your food and waiting for the process to finish the meal.
Working mothers and fathers running busy lives can maintain healthy diets and scrumptious meals by using a Sous Vide Machine. Compromise your kids to find a few meals they love, and you can set a schedule to start your sous vide machine at a certain time or even use Anova’s app to start your device before you finish work!
Weekend meal planning has honestly never been easier with a Sous Vide Machine. This is our personal favorite for sous vide cooking. Every Saturday and Sunday we cook up a 5 days’ worth of food in water baths and toss them in containers for the week. Perfectly cooked chicken and salmon are our favorites on the go meals.
Important Home Sous Vide Machine Features
Most new home sous vide machines have fun and unique features to help set them apart from their predecessors. While these are great selling points, it’s important to remember a few of the key features necessary for sous-vide machines in order to make the best buying decision. Just remember not everything is what it seems, so do your due diligence before making that buying decision.
Water Capacity: Should you pick a sous vide oven, which includes the water bath, you should know how much water the unit can hold.
Heater & Circulator: This is one of the most important features to understand for immersion circulators than sous vide ovens. If you use an immersion circulator, the food capacity ultimately depends on the size of the container you are using. Which can be seen as limitless. However, if you a water bath that’s too large, the immersion circulator may not be able to heat it entirely.
Temperature Range: Most sous vide machines can reach up to 200 degrees F or while some go even further.
Temperature Precision: The majority of sous vide machines available claim to keep temperatures within 0.1 degrees F.
Safety: The important safety features include low water warning, for example. This will shut off the device when water is too low to prevent burning the unit.