Make Your Garbage Disposal For Undermount Sink a Reality
The first Garbage Disposal for Undermount Sink was introduced and established in 1927 by the inventor John W. Hammes from Wisconsin. Since then these units became popular in many households. They were specifically designed to effectively grind through food scraps crushing it so it could effortlessly pass-through the sewer systems. This gives the homeowners a cleaner kitchen with fewer odors and saves them from taking continuous trips to the outside trash can.
It’s been proven that approximately 10 – 20% of purchased food is being disposed of in one way or another and this creates a burden on municipal waste utilities. A large amount of food waste eventually lands on the landfills where it takes longer to decay, which can lead to unsafe and toxic environments for nearby homes and wandering pets.
When the first disposals were introduced it created a horrendous sound when it was switched on, but today’s modern garbage disposals are produced with the latest technology to reduce sound too little to no noise.
With innovative technology that’s been put into place you as a buyer can expect to dig deeper into your pockets. The more advanced and improved the unit the more you will have to pay. The bottom line: whether you are looking for a garbage disposal that grinds the toughest food waste and conducts a quiet operation you will find it here.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Our Top 5 out of 10 Picks
|Waste King L-8000 Garbage Disposal with Power Cord||InSinkErator Garbage Disposal, Evolution Compact||InSinkErator Garbage Disposal, Badger 5||InSinkErator Garbage Disposal, Evolution Septic Assist||Waste King L-1001 Garbage Disposal with Power Cord|
1 HP permanent magnet motor.
EZ Mount for a quick and easy kitchen sink installation.
Pre-installed power cord.
Continuous feed disposal.
20-Year Limited warranty
Features alloy stainless steel components.
Features noise reducing soundseal technology.
3/4 Hp dura-drive induction motor.
2-Stage multigrind technology.
Compact and space-saving design.
1/2 hp Dura-drive induction motor.
Features long lasting galvanized steel components.
Quick and easy installation.
Features advanced noise reducing soundseal technology.
Bio-charge technology to break down food waste and control odors.
2-Stage multigrind technology.
Quick lock easy installation sink mount.
1/2 HP, 2600 RPM (115v) permanent magnet.
EZ mount for a quick and easy kitchen sink installation.
Removable splashguard for easy cleaning.
Corrosion resistant grinding components.
Compact and lightweight garbage disposer.
Size of the unit is bigger than most cheaper models
Slow drain operation
Louder than most garbage disposal units.
Power cord not included
Not suitable for big households.
|Available at Amazon||Available at Amazon||Available at Amazon||Available at Amazon||Available at Amazon|
Buying Guide – Choosing the Best Garbage Disposal for Undermount Sink in 2019
Choosing a noiseless garbage disposal isn’t as hard one thinks. Below we have outlined a simple procedure so you’ll be able to find the right waste disposal for your situation.
- Capacity and Power
A quality garbage disposal will grind through food waste without reluctance. This can only be done through the amount of capacity your device will have. The power options are also described as horsepower. There are 3 separate horsepower levels to choose from.
The 1 HP garbage disposals are the most powerful and efficient on the market in terms of grinding food waste and speed. These garbage disposals for undermount sink units are great for big families who require a lot of grinding needs. The Waste King Legend L-8000, InSinkErator Evolution Excel and the Waste King A1SPC Knight are the best 1 HP garbage disposal units on the market today.
The ¾ HP garbage disposals are excellent for medium-size families. 4 – 6 Members of the family can use these units frequently. The grinding capacity is powerful enough to slice through tiny chicken bones. Some of these units are installed with sound seal technology, which lessens the sound levels when in operation. The most popular and praised garbage disposals that have a ¾ HP motor is the InSinkErator Evolution Compact, InSinkErator Pro750, InSinkErator Septic Assist, and the Waste King Legend L-3300.
The ½ HP motor garbage disposal units are the most inexpensive garbage disposals on the market with less power and capacity. These units are best for 1 – 2 persons living in a tiny apartment or condor where they don’t dispose of large quantities of food waste. The most used in this range is the InSinkErator Badger 5 and the Waste King Legend L-111.
Continuous Feed vs. Batch Feed Garbage Disposal
There are two different types of feed operation garbage disposals on the market, which are called the continuous feed and the batch, feed garbage disposal units.
A continuous feed garbage disposal unit grinds food waste from the second you switch on the power. These types of units are most favored by consumers because it’s time-saving and has a hassle-free operation.
The batch feed garbage disposal units begin the operation when the cover goes on the disposal entrance. These units are much more secure and will prevent small cutleries from falling down the unit.
- Grinding stage
Over the years garbage disposals only had one grinding stage but modern garbage disposals like the InSinkErator Evolution Excel is manufactured with 3 grinding stages.
Grinding stages are crucial in grinding food waste. The smaller the waste is grinded the fewer sewerage problems you will have to endure in terms of clogging or jamming.
- Noise and Vibration
A quality undermount garbage disposal should make little to no noise when in use. It’s best to seek out a quiet garbage disposal with minimum vibration and sound interference. These modern-day garbage disposals are produced with sound seal technology to reduce the impact as much as possible. Keep in mind that these types of units may cost more than the older types of waste disposal units.
InSinkErator’s Quick-Lock mounting system
InSinkErator has a universal quick-lock mounting system that is used with most of its disposal units. So it will be easier to replace your old disposal with a brand new one. Installing your new disposal will, therefore, take less than 15 minutes. The quick lock mounting systems are produced from stainless steel and can be easily replaced with an existing disposal mounting.
Waste King’s EZ vs 3 Bold Mounting
The Waste King Garbage disposal manufacturer has produced two types of mounting systems you can choose from. The Waste King EZ as well as the 3 bolt mounting system.
The EZ mount system – comes with a removable splash guard with plastic and aluminum mounting parts. Installation is made easy when using the EZ mount system while the removable splash guard makes the disposal easy to clean.
The 3 bolt mounting system – is made entirely from stainless steel and is missing the removable splash guard. Even though most users prefer the EZ mount system the 3 bolt system is extremely durable because of the stainless steel components.
- Durability – Corrosion Proof Chamber
Durability plays an essential role in the manufacturing process of these units. Also: garbage disposals will be continuously underwater, therefore, it is crucial that your disposal has a decomposition and rustproof chamber.
Jam sensor & Automatic Reverse grinding technology
Whenever your disposal jams it could lead to internal part failures in the long run. That is why it is important to invest in a disposal that is produced with an anti-jam sensor or auto-reverse technology. Only InSinkErator Evolution Series Disposal Units comes with this sort of technology.
Many people get anxious by the thought of installing a garbage disposal. Yes, this is human nature but selecting a disposal that comes with clear instruction and all the required equipment can make the installation process much simpler. If you already have an InSinkErator garbage disposal unit, replacing your old disposal with a new one can make your task much easier. Their units come with a high-speed lock mounting system for easy installation.
Size matters and you don’t want to end up purchasing a garbage disposal for undermount sink unit that will not fit under your kitchen sink. First, be sure to check the available space as well as the dimension of your preferred disposal before making a purchase. You don’t want to end up with a disposal that is oversized and return it to the vendor because you’ll just waste a lot of time and money.
- Septic Tank Safe
Most modern-day garbage disposal units are septic tank safe but ensure that you will be able to use your newly purchased disposal with your existing septic tank.
- Warranty & Support
Last but not least is warranty and support. Some top brand undermount garbage disposals units come with a 10-year warranty as well as an In-Home Service. It is recommended to select one with a long warranty and good customer support.
Top 10: Best Garbage Disposal for Undermount Sink / Stainless Steel Kitchen Sinks
After careful consideration on all the leading models on the market, we have selected what we believe are the 10 best garbage disposals for undermount sink models for you to pick from:
Waste King Legend Series 1.0-Horsepower Continuous-Feed Garbage Disposal
The Waste King L-8000 uses a well-built 1 HP motor that rotates at a speed of 2800 RPM. It is quick and efficient and grinds up the toughest food waste in a matter of minutes. This unique design includes an insulated stainless steel chamber to decrease the amount of noise it produces. This unit also consists of an easy mount system for quick and effortless installation, a long 36-inch power cord and a removable splash guard.
The Waste King Legend is a continuous feed operation unit; it is compact and lightweight. Safety features include a manual reset button whilst the unit is safe to use with your existing septic tank. Furthermore, Waste King offers a lifetime limited in-home warranty on this specific unit.
- HIGH-SPEED MOTOR: The 1 HP, 2800 RPM (115v) permanent magnet motor is sound-enclosed and jams less.
- EASY INSTALLATION AND CLEANING: EZ Mount for an effortless kitchen sink installation, removable splashguard for easy cleaning.
- LIFETIME PROTECTION: Lifetime Limited In-Home Warranty.
- NO ELECTRICAL EXPERTISE NEEDED: Pre-installed power cord, no electrical work required.
- DURABILITY: Compact and lightweight garbage disposer with all stainless steel grind parts.
- CONTINUOUS FEED DISPOSAL: Activated by a wall switch, the disposal rapidly grinds food waste continuously as it runs.
InSinkErator Evolution Compact ¾ HP
InSinkErator is has become a household name with its top of the line and advanced garbage disposals. The Evolution is produced with technology that lessens sound levels to the bare minimum. This sound seal technology delivers a more quiet performance than most disposals.
Furthermore, it is installed with multi-grind technology to grind the toughest foods in seconds. It has a compact design with a huge 36 oz grinding chamber that is manufactured from stainless steel for durability. The overall height of this unit is 12.12 inches and InSinkErator provides a full 4-year In-Home Limited Warranty.
- Sound Seal Technology which delivers quieter performance.
- MultiGrind Technology: GrindShear Ring.
- 34.6 oz. Stainless steel grind chamber and grind parts for durability.
- 3/4 Horsepower Dura-Drive Induction Motor; power cord not included.
- We Come To You 4-Year In-Home Limited Warranty
3. InSinkErator Badger 5, 1/2 HP Food Waste Disposer
Designed to effectively grind your daily food scraps, the compact InSinkErator Badger 5 garbage disposal is the reliable option when affordability and space are key considerations. Featuring a powerful, 1/2 horsepower, Dura-Drive induction motor, no wearable parts to deliver consistent, maintenance-free performance year after year. It features a patented Quick Lock sink base for easy installation and disposal replacement. This practical Badger 5 includes an exclusive “We Come to You” 2-Year In-Home Limited Warranty.
Affordable, Compact and Reliable
Badger Series garbage disposals are the number one choice of homeowners searching for hard-working helpers in the kitchen that are tough on food waste and easy on the wallet. The value and price are unbeatable. A powerful, 1/2 HP Dura-Drive motor powers the Badger 5 through your food waste including vegetables, fruits, celery stalks, eggshells, small bones, and leftovers.
Assembled in the USA with American Pride!
InSinkErator Badger garbage disposals are manufactured and assembled right here in the USA with American Pride. Badger’s reliability, ruggedness, and dependability are unmatched to deliver consistent performance year after year.
Quick-Lock Easy Installation
Quick Lock makes it swift and effortless to switch out one InSinkErator garbage disposal for another. If you’re installing a disposal for the first time, all of the Quick Lock components you require come packed in the box. When it’s time to upgrade or replace your disposal, you can simply twist off the old one & twist on the new. The polished stainless steel InSinkErator sink rim will complement most stainless steel sinks and is compatible with most three-bolt mounting assemblies.
‘We Come to You’ In-Home Limited Warranty
The InSinkErator Badger 5 food waste disposal includes an exclusive, ‘We Come to You’ 2-Year In-Home Limited Warranty. This warranty includes free house calls (parts and labor) implemented through a network of 1500 professional service agents who are trained and certified to install, repair or replace InSinkErator disposers.
- 26 oz. Grind chamber with galvanized steel grind system.
- 1/2 Horsepower Dura-Drive Induction Motor. Motor Protection: Manual Reset Overload.
- 2 -Year In-Home Limited Warranty- which means we come to you.
- Dishwasher Drain Connection. Drain-1-1/2 inch. Anti-Vibration Connection-(Hose Clamp). Average electrical usage: 3-4 KWh per Year.
- Power cord not included.
- Manufactured invented and designed in the USA.
Waste King 1.0 Horsepower Garbage Disposal
One of the most soundless garbage disposal units on the market is from Waste King Legend. This high powered disposal features an impressive 1.0 horsepower motor that will pulverize just about anything you throw at it. The stainless steel blades rotate at 2700 RPM when it’s running at full capacity which will take not more than 4 seconds.
The Knight features Waste King One Time Pass Technology that provides more power per pound.
- HIGH-SPEED MOTOR: The 1 HP, 2800 RPM (115v) permanent magnet motor is sound-proof and jams less.
- STANDARD 3-BOLT MOUNT: The all-metal mounting system is on the same wave-length as existing 3-bolt mounts including InSinkErator and Moen.
- LIFETIME PROTECTION: Lifetime Limited In-Home Warranty.
- NO ELECTRICAL EXPERTISE NEEDED: Pre-installed power cord, no electrical labor required.
- DURABILITY: All stainless steel grind components increase disposal life.
- CONTINUOUS FEED DISPOSAL: Activated by a wall switch, the disposal quickly grinds food waste constantly as it runs.
This Waste King Knight is a continuous garbage disposal which means you can add food waste while the disposal is in running.
A glass-filled nylon chamber protects and shields this unit’s chamber from rust and spoilage. Also, the stainless steel grinding parts is sound-proof for a quieter grind. The Knight includes Waste King’s Snap and Lock mounting system for a quick and effortless replacement for most existing disposers. The disposer is safe for decent-sized septic tanks and comes with a 36-inch power cord.
InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist
The Evolution Septic Assist is specifically designed for homes with a septic tank. A powerful ¾ HP motor assists in the grinding of solid food waste while the Exclusive Bio-Charge Injection Technology utilizes a natural micro-organism to disintegrate food waste.
The InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist uses a patented sound seal technology to help keep noise levels to a bare minimum when in the process of grinding.
Unlike most outdated garbage disposal units, the Evolution uses Multi-Grind Technology to help food waste break down and dissolve. This will ensure lesser sewerage blocking from larger chunks of food waste. The unit is also installed with a manual reset button in case of those unforeseen jams.
The InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist food waste disposal includes an exclusive, ‘We Come to You’ 4-Year In-Home Limited Warranty for our customers’ comfort.
- SoundSeal Technology which provides quieter performance.
- MultiGrind Technology, with a two-stage grind to effortlessly grind food waste.
- 40 oz. Stainless steel grind chamber and grind components for durability.
- 3/4 Horsepower Dura-Drive Induction Motor; power cord not included.
- 4-Year In-Home Limited Warranty.
Moen GXS75C ¾ HP Garbage Disposal
End your waste disposal problems with the Moen ¾ HP Garbage Disposal Unit. This reliable waste disposal unit delivers an astounding 2700 RPM with its high-speed Vortex enduring magnet motor.
It has a universal express mount system that fits most 3 bolt mounting systems. Installation is uncomplicated through the lock and twist installation technique combined with the UXM system. The streamlined unit is dense in design and will fit most kitchen sinks without any alterations or adjustments being needed on your kitchen sink. It also features Soundshield technology to minimize noise levels without sacrificing performance.
Powered by a High-Speed Vortex Motor
The Vortex motor is the powerhouse behind the GXS75C Garbage Disposal’s remarkable grinding action. The enduring magnet motor operates at full speed the second it is powered, similar to many power tools. With speeds up to 2,700 RPM, the high-performance permanent magnet motor is developed to help reduce jamming.
Universal Xpress Mount Simplifies Installation
Compatible with most three-bolt mounting assemblies, the Universal Xpress Mount is quick and simple to install. Just position the garbage disposal, twist it, and lock it into place. The compact, lighter weight design also makes for uncomplicated installation and frees up valuable space under your sink.
Pre-Installed Power Cord
The unit comes with a pre-installed power cord, hence saving you time and money.
- Powerful disposal: 3/4 horsepower vortex) motor has powerful grinding abilities to remove tough kitchen scraps.
- In sink disposal: universal xpress mount(tm) fits Moen and most existing 3-bolt mounting assemblies, including insinkerator(r) brand*.
- High speed: disposals with 2700 RPM vortex) lasting magnet motor designed to lessen jamming.
- Easy to install: power cord preinstalled, thus saving time and money.
- Quiet garbage disposer: sound shield(tm) developed to provide sound-proof insulation.
7. Waste King L-1001 Garbage Disposal, 1/2 HP
This dense yet powerful disposal is the ideal addition to help keep your kitchen and sink spotless. Tackle everyday food scraps with the energy-efficient, high-speed motor that provides an astonishing grind.
The L-1001 is a durable disposal that’s easy to install and always dependable. The disposal’s sleek design preserves space and offers more storage under your sink.
Fast and Easy Mount System
Waste King’s EZ Mount twist-and-lock design provides a quick and easy way to replace or install the disposal underneath your kitchen sink. Plus, all the necessary hardware is provided, including a 32-inch power cord, saving buyers an extra trip to the store.
Tools that will be needed for installation: Screwdriver, adjustable pliers, plumber’s putty, hammer and dowel/punch.
1/2 Horsepower with 2600 RPMs, this garbage disposal can pulverize most kitchen scraps in a matter of seconds. The enduring magnet motor achieves full speed nearly instantly, decreasing the possibility of jams.
Garbage disposals pulverize food waste to be processed at water treatment plants, which minimizes bio-degradable waste sent to landfills. The powerful Waste King motor grinds swiftly, and the possibility for shorter run times, which can further reduce your footprint and decrease your electricity bill.
High strength, corrosion-proof polymer grind chamber with energized steel grind components for dependable performance.
– The detachable, replaceable splash guard makes it effortless to clean the disposal and retrieve dropped items.
– Using a septic system? Waste King Disposals are perfectly safe to utilize with septic tanks that are properly sized for your home.
– The Waste King disposal features a manual reset button – a safety feature that will shut off if an overload or rare jam occurs. Easily return to running status by pressing the manual reset button.
– The Waste King continuous feed disposal activates via a wall switch or sink-mounted air switch and continually runs until it is manually turned off.
- HIGH-SPEED MOTOR: The 1/2 HP, 2600 RPM (115v) enduring magnet motor jams less. Has dishwasher hookup.
- EASY INSTALLATION AND CLEANING: EZ Mount for a rapid and effortless kitchen sink installation, removable splashguard for easy cleaning.
- 2 YEAR PROTECTION: 2-year Limited In-Home Warranty. Corrosion-resistant grinding parts.
- NO ELECTRICAL EXPERTISE NEEDED: Pre-installed power cord, no electrical work needed.
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Compact and lightweight garbage disposer preserve space under the sink.
- CONTINUOUS FEED DISPOSAL: Activated by a wall switch, the disposal quickly grinds food waste continuously while running.
8. Kitchen Aid (84211643) KCDB250G 1/2 HP Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal
This 1/2 hp food waste disposer operates with or without the food cover to make disposing of food waste swift and undemanding. Disposer features a motor that rotates at 1725 rpm for productive grinding. Additional features include overload protection with a manual reset. The continuous feed allows for continual grinding for quick cleanup after meals. The disposer is connected to an electrical switch, making operation simple and safe.
- Continuous feed allows for fast cleanup after meals.
- Motor spins at 1725 rpm for effective grinding.
- Connected to an electrical switch for comfort and safety.
- 1/2 horsepower motor. Height: 11 3/8 Widths: 6 5/8.
Yescom 1HP Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal
Yescom offers a simple solution to your family’s food waste problems in the form a 1HP garbage disposal with a maximum speed of 2600 RPM. This unit is powered by a vortex magnet motor to get rid of food waste safely and effectively. The Yescom 1 HP Continuous feed garbage disposal is safe to use with a properly sized septic tank.
– Uncomplicated installation.
– High- speed 2600 RPM permanent magnet motor generates more power per pound.
– Positive seal stopper, detachable splash baffler, and ABS waste elbow.
– Removable splash baffler aids in the internal examination.
– Splash guard can be removed and cleaned easily.
– Permanently oiled, sleeve- type bearings.
– Turn on and off with the air switch connect to most standard-size septic tanks for Eco-friendly use.
– If the processor runs 5 minutes for each time, 3 times a day, its life cycle would be approximately more than 10 years.
Whirlpool ½ HP Garbage Disposal
This 1/2-HP in-sink disposer works effortlessly and efficiently. It features a continuous-feed operation to help minimize jamming. Food is reduced to fine cuttings and whisked down the drain without interruption to check for clogging. An overload protector with manual reset is designed to keep your food disposal process effortless. Food waste disposal is swift, neat, and simple.
- Stainless steel sink flange with 1 piece plastic stopper.
- Galvanized steel grinding wheel and a shredder ring.
- An overload protector with manual reset.
- 1/2 horsepower motor.
The Bottom Line
A quality garbage disposal should have all the features to provide the user with a remarkable experience in the kitchen with disposing of food waste in the most efficient way possible. Waste disposal is not only dependent on a quality garbage disposal but combining the best garbage disposal for undermount sink with a quality kitchen trash can and an outdoor compost bin to generate nutritious compost for your garden can lead to the effective management of food waste.