InSinkErator Evolution Cover Control Plus ¾ HP Garbage Disposal Review
The InSinkErator Evolution Cover Control Plus is InSinkErator’s only batch feed garbage disposal. This means that this unit can only be powered on using the cover control and for this reason, there is no wall switch required. It is specially manufactured for those who love the idea of a product to operate which requires more of their attention avoiding any accidental accidents. So for your safety and those around you this unit cannot be activated unless it is manually switched on.
So if you are in the market for a garbage disposal with the best safety features then I would recommend the InSinkErator Evolution Cover Control Plus. But before you jump in to get it, let’s look at what other amazing features the Cover Control has in store for you.
The InSinkErator Evolution Cover Control Plus has the following features:
• Multi-grind stages which allow you to grind most food waste into liquid form, preventing any chance of clogging your sewer lines.
• SoundSeal Technology holds the key to these units ultra quiet operations.
• Vibration-free when in operation.
• A powerful 3/4 horsepower DuraDrive Induction motor.
• Stainless Steel blades that turn at 1725 RPM
• A massive 40-oz. capacity stainless steel chamber for longevity.
• With an amazing 7-year in-home limited warranty.
• A quick lock easy installation sink mount.
• Magnetic “Cover Start” switch which is manually activated to turn on the disposer.
• Safe for properly sized septic tanks
• Made in the USA.
Magnetic “Cover Start”
Many other garbage disposals on the market, both continuous and batch feed will start operating once you turn on the switch. Not with the InSinkErator Cover Control Plus! For extra safety, you have to position the control cover over the chamber and align the magnets (you have two on the cover and two on the disposer). Only when these magnets are aligned with each other, and only then, will this machine start operation to grind your leftover waste.
Super Quiet during Operation
Like most of InSinkErator models, this unit also has the advantage of a super quiet operator. This is due to the incorporated SoundSeal Technology designed to lower noise levels of up to 60% quieter than the standard garbage disposal units. This technology includes some specific elements to get the desired effect. These units include advanced-level vibration insulation, vibration-reducing connections, and a special Quiet Collar Sink Baffle.
Grind most Leftover Food
This action can only be done due to three reasons.
1. It is the powerful ¾ HP DuraDrive Induction Motor that has been installed into the InSinkErator Evolution Cover Control Plus. Most machines with a lower HP motor will not even crush through chicken bones. So the higher the horsepower of the machine the easier it will be to pulverize tough food waste.
2. The high RPM that the InSinkErator Cover Control Plus produces. And this can only be done with a high powered motor. These machines’ stainless steel blades turn at 1725 RPM when in full operation, which will only take about 3 seconds from when the machine is switched on.
3. Is the MultiGrind technology to ensure waste is broken up into its smallest form possible?
The InSinkErator Evolution Cover Control Plus comes with one of the longest warranty periods offered by InSinkErator which is a full 7 years. This in-home service warranty means that during the 7 years, you are entitled to free parts and labor by over 1500 professionally trained service agents who are certified to install, replace and repair InSinkErator disposers.
What’s In The Box
• Quick Lock sink mount.
• Sink baffle.
• Jam-Buster (Allen) wrench.
• Anti-vibration tailpipe mount.
• CoverStart Switch.
• Installation instructions.
The Bottom Line
The InSinkErator Evolution Cover Control Plus is an excellent quality batch feed garbage disposal. With its powerful motor, this is the only quietest batch feed garbage disposal on the market. The Evolution range comes with some good finishing touches like multigrind stages, better safety features, and quieter operations. If you would rather have a continuous feed garbage disposal, then our recommendation is the InSinkErator Evolution Excel, which packs a 1.0 horsepower motor and a completely stainless steel construction but is otherwise similar to the InSinkErator Evolution Cover Control Plus in terms of noise level, build, and warranty.