The 10 Best Drop in Stainless Steel Kitchen Sinks to Buy in 2018
A Drop in Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink is the most common and most preferred sink option. They are also less expensive than the undermount sink option. The drop in the sink is also much easier to replace. Installation is simple. The sink is simply dropped into a hole in the countertop.
What do you expect when you pay top dollar for a kitchen or bathroom sink? The make or name of the product doesn’t matter. What matters are the materials used to manufacture the product. There is plenty to consider when choosing a sink, like
- What you get for what you pay
- Hardware needed to match the sink specifications
- Materials used to manufacture the sink
- Installation and repairs
- The guarantee/warranty cover on the product
It will be your last kitchen sink you’ll ever buy…
1. Best Drop in Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
Ruvati 33 x 22 Inch Drop-in Topmount 16 Gauge Zero-Radius Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink Single Bowl
Ruvati is one of the most premier names in the industry when it comes to kitchen and bath fixtures. This name also goes synonymous with the most exceptional quality and have a reputation for outstanding customer service. This Ruvati sink was designed to set a new standard for top mount sinks in the industry. It is constructed from 16 Gauge stainless steel, which happens to be the thickest steel available for use in residential kitchens. It uses T-304 grade stainless steel with an 18:10 Nickel: Chromium content ratio. This is what makes it completely resistant to rust.
The design is sleekly modern with square bowls and a sharp zero radius inside corners. It comes with 4 pre-drilled holes for faucet and accessories installation. The design dimensions:
It has a bottom rinse grid to protect the sink from scratches. It has a basket strainer drain that traps food to be easily disposed of and with standard 3.5-inch drain openings that can fit any garbage disposal unit. The outer dimension is 33 inches wide and 22 inches front to back. Interior dimensions are 31 inches wide and 18 inches front to back and is 10 inches deep.
2. Best 30 inch Drop in Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
VAPSINT Commercial 30 Inch 18 Gauge Handmade Drop in Under mount Single Bowl Stainless Steel Kitchen Sinks
This sink is designed to be scratch and dent resistant and is exceptionally long-lasting. It has optimal drainage, channel grooves that prevent water from pooling up in the bottom of the basin. Food and debris are kept from clogging the pipes by rear drain placement that also prevents water flow while the drain grooves in the basin serve as a channel for the water towards the drain.
The dish rack can easily be unrolled for use over the sink to provide space for dishes. When done, it rolls back up easily enough for easy storage.
Designed with a Commercial Grade Brushed finish that will match well with all kitchen appliances and makes this sink durable and long lasting. It also comes with 3mm high-quality cushion pads for noise dampening and ensures durability for high duty use. This kitchen sink is very easy to install and is a good match for any kitchen, making things so much easier for you.
3. Best 16 Gauge Drop in Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
BILLION 25″x22″x10″ Inch Drop-in Overmount 16 Gauge Handmade Single Bowl Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
This sink is designed with proprietary noise to defend soundproofing technology that absorbs the vibrations and reduces the noise when this sink is in use. It has extra thick rubber sound dampening pads that cover about 80% of the sink base. This sink is top notch quality. It is specially coated with the non-porous bottom surface, making sure it is heat resistant and hygienic. It comes out with 3mm sound absorbing cushion pads on the outer side and at the bottom.
This sink is made from the safest T-304 Grade premium green stainless steel that meets the highest and most stringent food contact standards. The 16 Gallon body provides 25% more steel per sink. The inner corners have a 10mm radius to make the use of the sink smoother. The depth is 10inches and offers ample space for normal use.
- A deluxe 3½ inch drain with a 3pc basket strainer
- A set of scratch-prevention stainless steel bottom grid
4. Best 43 inch Drop in Kitchen Sink
43 Inch Drop in Top mount Stainless Steel Super Sized Kitchen Sink
This drop in kitchen sink features a 9 Gauge thick all around solid stainless steel drop-in mounting deck. It comes with a 16-gallon bowl and is fast becoming a must-have for modern day kitchens. This is a one piece steel design, unlike the usual drop in mounting deck. It would integrate easily enough with any kind of kitchen décor or appliances.
Benefits & Features
- Gigantic 9 Gauge / 4mm thick drop-in deck and 16 Gauge bowl you can rarely see in the market!
- Handcrafted individually from heavy duty 9 gauge and 16 gauge premium grade certified 304 stainless steel
- Extra deep 10 Inch bowl depth that fits all those leftover dishes and pots from your kitchen, wet bar, and more!
- Comes with 3 pre-drilled holes and 2 cover plates
- Complete kitchen sink solution to fulfill your tasks
- 15mm radius coved corners and edges design not only translate to maximum usable bowl capacity but also easier to clean and maintain
- Each sink is manufactured with an excellent sound-deadening system that absorbs and reduces the noise made by garbage disposal
- Luxurious brushed stainless steel finish.
- cUPC, ANSI, IAPMO Listed, Lead-Free material, and construction
What’s included in this premium package
- Stainless Steel Sink
- Stainless Steel Made and ENTIRELY Silicone-Coated Heat Resistant Multipurpose Roll-Up Dish Rack – a $25 Valued Item on Amazon!
- Silicone Handy Pot Trivet Placemat x 2
- Protective Bottom Grid
- Deluxe Lift-Out Basket Strainer
- Cutout Template and Mounting Clips
- 42-7/8″ x 21-1/2″ (Overall Exterior)
- 22″ x 17″ x 10” (Left Bowl Interior)
- 17″ x 17″ x 9” (Left Bowl Interior)
- 10″ (Depth)
5. Best 18 inch Drop in Kitchen Sink
Golden Vantage 30″ x 18″ x 9″ 18 Gauge Handmade Stainless Steel Top mount Drop-in Single Basin Kitchen Sink
You can now upgrade your home kitchen sink with the Golden Vantage 30 inch KS0058 handmade top mount sink to give your kitchen the more modern look. This sink is designed in a clean straightforward way. It also has a Zero Radius design feature that makes this sink fit well in any modern home kitchen.
This sink is manufactured from sturdy T-304 Grade 18 Gauge stainless steel that ensures durability and exceptionally long life. It is also noise resistant by the use of sound deadening to reduce the potential clanging noise. This sink has plenty of space for washing or stacking dishes.
- Single bowl top mount sink
- 18 gauge quality stainless steel
- Brushed stainless steel finished
- Sink Dimension(in.): 30 W x 18 L x 9 H
- Warranty: 1 Year Limited Parts Warranty
6. Best 16 Gauge Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink for 36 Inch Cabinet
Zune Modena 32 Inch Undermount Deep Single Bowl
Zuhne sinks are crafted from the highest caliber posco 304 18/10 Grade stainless steel and it is the same stainless steel that is used to manufacture surgical tools. All Zuhne sinks are outfitted from 16 Gauge stainless steel from, top to bottom and left to right, ensuring the highest quality product that you can trust.
The materials and processes used in Zuhne sinks are the best where safety and performance are concerned, making our products the safest in the industry. All our production lines are ISO Certified. Zuhne sinks come with a sink grate protector. Even with a scratch resistant feature, stainless steel is still prone to scratches, so it would be best to refrain from putting pots and pans directly on the sink.
It is very easy to install. Be sure to make use of sealants and cleaning agents that are rated for stainless steel. This sink is designed with a pitched base that avoids water pooling, but it does not drain completely dry, so you will have to wipe it dry with a soft cloth. When cleaning your sink, avoid strong chemicals and acids for they are known to impact anti-rust properties of stainless steel.
7. Best Drop in Kitchen Sink with Drain board
AKDY 33-Inch (33″x22″x9″) Drop-In Top Mount Kitchen Sink– Deluxe Single Bowl Handmade Kitchen Sink with Built-In Adjustable Drain Strainer and Cutting Board
This sink is exactly what you need when it comes to style, quality, and convenience. It is the perfect solution if you are tired of the old poor quality and impractical sinks of the past. This is the most modern and hygienic sink on the market today. The AKDY drop-in Topmount sink is manufactured from superior premium quality extra durable stainless steel that ensures you with a sink that is guaranteed to last you a very long time. It is also designed with a commercial grade premium finish that protects the sink surface from dents and scratches.
This sink is also a multifunctional tool as it is designed to serve multiple purposes. It is designed to serve as a practical kitchen sink and comes with an adjustable built-in drain strainer and wood cutting board. With its elegant design, it is certain to give your kitchen a freshly modern make-over.
The classic blend of steel and wood will fit any modern type or style of decors. The Deluxe Single Bowl Handmade Kitchen Sink is designed with the following measurements. It is 33 inches Wide, 22 inches Front to Back and 9inches Deep, and comes with a 3 ½ inch drain opening that will fit any standard garbage disposal unit. This sink is a must-have if you are looking for style and elegance.
8. Best Stainless Steel Drop in Utility Sink
Kindred Essentials All-in-One Kit 15-inch x 15-inch x 6-inch Deep Drop-In Bar or Utility Sink in Satin Stainless Steel
This Kindred Essentials All In One kit features a single bowl that was specifically designed for use in a bar, laundry room or utility room. The kit includes a Satin Stainless Steel deck and Bowl sink with a faucet and drains kit for fast and easy installation guaranteed.
- Perfect size for bar, laundry or utility room use
- Ultra-Quiet sound-deadening eliminates excess noise and vibration from heavy pots, pans, and utensils
- Kit contains a drop-in sink, faucet and drain kit (2″ drain fitting)
- Safety rims protect you from sharp edges during installation and add strength to the sink
- Ultra-Quiet sound-deadening pads eliminate excess noise and vibration from heavy pots, pans, and utensils
- Template and hardware provided for safe and easy Do It Yourself top mount installation
- Extra deep ledges keep water in the sink and off the countertop
- Double bowl top-mount sink available 6 inches, 6.5 inches, 7 inches and 8 inch
9. Best Drop in Kitchen Sink Single Bowl
Friho 33″x 22″ Inch 18 Gauge Commercial Large Topmount Drop-in Single Bowl Basin Handmade SUS304 Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
This sink is manufactured with a premium Grade Extra Thick 18 Gauge SUS-304 Stainless Steel construction that ensures you durability, scratch resistance and a lifetime of use. This design also comes with extra thick rubber dampening pads and stone guard undercoating that ensures you exceptional noise reduction and dependability. Installation is fast and easy and comes out with a free complimentary dish grid and drain strainer. This sink comes with a guarantee covered by a 90 days free return option and a lifetime warranty.
10. Best 22 Gauge Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
Moen G222133 2200 Series 22 Gauge Double Bowl Drop In Sink
The Moen 2200 Series 22 Gauge Double Bowl Drop-In Sink is designed with a 22 Gauge stainless steel construction that provides reliable durability to withstand years of heavy use in any kitchen. This drop in stainless steel kitchen sink combines dependable performance with a timeless design that will easily blend in with most kitchen countertop styles. It comes with SoundShield undercoating that ensures noise reduction from clanging dishes and running water. The double bowl design provides the flexibility that makes cleaning jobs easier. Like most Moen products, this sink comes with a Moen’s Limited Lifetime Warranty against drips, leaks and finish defects.
Choose the Best Kitchen Sink for you:
Kitchen sinks come in many different materials. The best kitchen sink material for you would depend on how much money you are prepared to spend and what material would go best with your kitchen style. Here are some of the most common choices to consider when choosing your kitchen sink:
- Stainless-steel kitchen sinks are one of the most popular options and the material continues to be improved and upgraded. The newer 16- and 18-gauge sinks are thicker and less noisy than their less-expensive predecessors. Stainless-steel sinks contain a percentage of chromium and nickel, which is indicated by numbers such as 18/10 (18 percent chromium and 10 percent nickel). The metal imparts a rich glow and adds corrosion resistance. Finishes range from a mirrorlike shine to a satin luster. Stainless-steel kitchen sinks are appealing because they are affordable, durable, and easy to clean. However, they can become scratched and water spots can become an issue, and the cheaper sinks can sometimes make more noise when items are dropped in.
- Cast-iron kitchen sinks are made from a sturdy material that is enamel fired on an iron form. These durable sinks lessen noise and vibration more than other materials but can be heavy for installation. An added advantage is that cast-iron sinks are available in a wide range of colors.
- Composite sinks can be made of quartz, granite, or other materials mixed with an acrylic- or polyester-resin base. They usually feature speckled color, resistance to stains and scratches, and easy care. However, they can be expensive.
- Vitreous China, originally made for bathrooms, is now also used for kitchen sinks. The glazed clay material is hard and nonporous with a glasslike shine, but the sink material is prone to chipping. Similar to fireclay in construction