The Smallest Garbage Disposal – Waste King Legend (9910) Review 2018
Are you in the market for the Smallest Garbage Disposal that can be just effective as a high-end disposal? Waste King Legend has made it possible to own one that will fit your needs and best of all it not as expensive as you might think. This unit is the Waste King Legend Series (9910). Garbage disposals come with different features to fit different needs that’s why we will be looking at the Waste King Legend (9910) to see if it match up with your expectations. From our point of view and looking at the size of this unit this is the smallest garbage disposal on the market. But first, we need to establish why it is important to own a garbage disposal.
Why do you need a Garbage Disposal Even if it is Not the Smallest Garbage Disposal?
1. Owning a waste disposal unit will definitely save you trips to the dustbin
2. It will reduce the chances of foul odor created by bacteria in your kitchen environment
3. It reduces the amount of greenhouse gas that’s been released into the environment that’s been produced by leftover food
4. A garbage disposal reduces the amount of waste that could land up on landfills.
5. It’s a smart investment considering health issues (infants and pets could get sick from snooping through the rubbish bin and inserting foul foods in their mouth).
6. You can save costly plumber repairs because leftover food could unexpectedly go down the kitchen drain and cause clogging in the plumbing.
7. Garbage disposals eliminate rodents which are always on the lookout for leftover food.
A Low Profile Garbage Disposal that Fit Under Your Kitchen Sink
The Waste King Legend Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal is a space-saving unit that will fit tight spaces under your kitchen sink. The unit measures only 7.75 x 7.75 x 13.5 inches and has a weight capacity of 8.6 pounds making it one of the smallest garbage disposal units on the market. It’s also very easy to install and it includes an EZ Mounting System.
Powerful Enough to Grind Tough Food Waste
The 1/3 Horsepower Permanent Magnet Motor drives the stainless steel impellers at a maximum of 1900 RPMs, disposing of most kitchen scraps in a matter of seconds. The permanent magnet motor achieves full speed nearly instantly, reducing the possibility of jams.
The Waste King Legend (9910) is made from the toughest materials. This includes a corrosion proof polymer grind chamber and galvanized steel grind components for longevity. Saving you extra expenses that may occur due to unforeseen damages to the unit.
A Quiet Garbage Disposal
Even though this unit is one of the smallest garbage disposal which cost far less than the high ticket units the 9910 is considered one of the quietest garbage disposal units in its price range. This unit consists of insulating materials and a 3 mount bolting system that’s designed to lower the noise levels while the unit is in operation. Most customers have already show appreciation about this unit and the lower noise levels than their previous purchases so you can see for yourself what their experience is with their newly purchased unit over at Amazon.com.
Warranty of the Waste King Legend (9910)
Waste King offers a full 2-year in-home limited warranty o the (9910). This warranty is non-transferrable from one owner to the other. So you will receive free repairs in the comfort of your home if the product failed because of manufacturing defects.
Pros of the Waste King Legend (9910)
• Easy to install
• Quiet operation
• Smallest garbage disposal
• Cost effective unit
• 1/3 HP motor
• Comes with installed power cord
• 2-Year warranty
Cons of the Unit
• The motor is fairly weaker than higher ticket disposals
• Small grinding chamber
• Designed for smaller size families (1-3 persons)
The Bottom Line
This low profile unit is considered the smallest garbage disposal with the means to greatly improve your workflow. The unit is cost effective and produces enough horsepower to do the necessary grinding of leftover food waste to its smallest size. But if you are in the market for a unit that you think is worthy to be under your kitchen sink then you should read our review on the InSinkErator Evolution Excel 1.0 HP with SoundSeal Technology and MultiGrind Process.